Thursday, May 8, 2008

The ex part 2

As I was recovering in Kuwait from my injuries, I had the luxuries of hot food, and Internet. While I was in a chat room, I met a super cool and rather pretty girl online. The main thing that grabbed my attention was that she was ultra smart. I am a sucker for smart people as they are good at pointing out how smart I am not, and 2 they usually are caring individuals. I wont go through the whole shebang, but this wonderful person chatted with me everyday through therapy, and wouldn't let me get down on my self about getting hurt. This meant a bunch to me as I was quite depressed. It was such an unmanly injury. No one gets to brag about it, and my buddies were still fighting.
I left for Iraq again, where at the time we had not Internet. Stayed Abbot a month longer, and came home via a crazy ass 2 week stint in Germany! another story, promise.
Upon arrival home, I was notified that I had 62 days be for returning to Iraq.
Immediately, I began my hunt for Bel.
Upon arrival to her house I was told she moved. They wouldn't tell me why, and so like last time I walked out rather hurt.
I went to my house where I did as most vets do anyway, I went to my room for quiet and alone time. I was already dealing with a lot of shit, and didn't need this as well. This continued for about 3 weeks. I was pretty depressed all around and was not looking forward to returning to hell. Then It got worse, my beautiful prom date buddy, decided she couldn't stand the sight of me and told me the truth. The ex had a condom bust, and wound up prego thus attempting to make a relationship with said accident for the babies sake. That was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. I can say allot about my ex, but no one fucks with her Baby. She is a fabulous mother, well used to be any who. does some questionable shit now.
After this news was delivered I was sad and happy at the same time. There was a legit reason, and who was I to judge. 29 women in 10 moths of parties in Germany gives me the right to judge no one. So my buddy takes me out to the strip club! She is awesome like that! And she gets me totally drunk. Took me home after a couple of hours and decided at that point she was going to take care of me. She never left my side the rest of the time I was home. Off I went to Baghdad, into the hell on earth, and every week she answered my calls less and less. She told me she was out working on something. That she knew I wouldn't mind. One day I called and heard the trade mark opening to a conversation. And the beginning of the end. I in the middle of 6 months in Sadr city heard my Bel. She asked If I was mad at her, or disappointed in her. Of course I was not. I was actually proud of her for attempting to make it work.
I informed her that I had gotten to come home on leave, and that I would arrive Christmas day! She was super happy as was everyone else.
On the flight home I was sick to my stomach, and shaking. I missed this woman, bad.
As I walked down the ramp to her I swear to god, I nearly fainted. I was getting tunnel vission, and hyperventilating. She walked to me in the middle, with the most beautiful child Ive ever seen in her arms. Her quote verbatim. "I will go through rain, snow and sand to be with you. All I ask is that you accept my son." I told her accept him, he is beautiful.
She took me to the family Christmas party because naturally being my family, I am not important enough to quit eating or drinking beer to go to the air port to see. Most dispise my military service anyway. So upon arrival, only a few even bother to say hello. The rest make me go to them to introduce Bel again. I was there for about 20 min, before we left. my mom took baby, and we got home and didn't leave each others arms till the next mourning.
The next mourning we went to the park with baby who had a rather big thing with me. He still does. Little turd loves me to death. I miss him. Any who we got to walking in the park, and I realised just how much I loved that woman. So, I did what any dumb ass does. I went to the jeweler, got a beautiful ring, and proposed to her before dinner. She said absolutely, and I finished what I started, and followed through on my promise to her. We wed on January 3 of 05.
I went back to Iraq after a short honey moon.
My last week in Baghdad, I got hurt pretty good. The sent me ahead to Kuwait, and I told them I would wait for treatment in Texas with her. I got off of the plain and at the welcome home reception with about 5000 soldiers families there too I spotted her instantly. She was in white. It was white denim pants with a white low cut low mid drift top. And It was hot. My buddies finally got to meet her, and helped me with my bags to my car as I was on crutches couse I was a hard ass. I was supposed to be in a wheelchair, but I hate the things. Things were pretty good the first 2 weeks, then they confirmed that I indeed needed a wheelchair, and things Changed. They we not bad, but it was different. I got out of the army, and times were tough with money, but we were not poor. We didn't live great but not bad. I was rehabbing on my own as no help from the VA was araiving. I was teaching myself how to walk, and thats when things got started down the path of no return. I was walking down the Mall with her when my leg gave out on some stairs. I fell down the stairs, and she walked off, angry. I tried to catch her and did about 5 min later. She told me that she was embarrassed to be seen with me and that I should go sit down. I did, hurt and actually pissed off at her for the first time ever. I went off and became a truck driver, making about 850 dollars a week, and she wanted me home more so I quit. Then I went in to selling cars. I made a lot of money. I am not joking. I averaged 4,500 a month, and we couldn't pay bills couse of her. 8 months later, I came home from work, and started to kook her dinner. It was veterans day, which is the day before my birthday.Nov 12. She walked in the kitchen, told me she couldn't stand being with a cripple anymore. She said she always thought of me as superman, but now just thought of me as a pathetic man who got hurt in a fake war. She told me I should have died so it would be over quick, instead of watching me become a shell of my former self. Happy birthday, and she left. No hesitation. Just got in the car and left. Then she proceeded to drag out a long expensive divorce that lasted until APR 24. That's 17 months. She tried to run up 20,000 dollars in debt too, but failed, as the courts sided with me. That dumb bitch told a retired marine judge that the left cousse of that. Fool. Any who that is the last time I wish to discuss this as the last year and a half were hell. The only bright spot was that special someone who took good care of me the best she could online.

2 comments:

Amy xxoo said...

I'm pretty sure your ex could tell us her side of the story, and she'd still coming out looking like a bitch...

And you know i love you but lord are your spelling mistakes atrocious!

Globus said...

globus never wants to hear the exes side of the story. as a blogger once told him, on your own blog, you're the one who's right. on the exes blog....well. globus would still think the bitch was wrong, but then that's just globus ;-)